Become an SFDG Member
The San Francisco Doula Group was created to help build professionalism and credibility within the doula and birth community. Started by a small group of doulas the SF Doula Group has grown to over 30 birth and postpartum doulas providing a variety of services. Our goal is to represent doulas who are trained and experienced with continued support through monthly meetings, peer review, ongoing education, and business opportunities.
Next open enrollment: UNKNOWN
Interested in joining the Bay Area Doula Network listserv? Email Elizabeth Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for Joining/Maintaining Membership
1) All doulas must have attended 8 birth or postpartum clients. Current members of the website, can, at their discretion sponsor a doula with less than 5 birth/postpartum experience to join the group.
2) All doulas must have attended a minimum of 2 general SFDG meetings within 6 months of applying and joining SFDG. Meeting schedule can be found at http://sfdoulagroup.com/sf-doula-group-meetings/
3) All doulas must apply using our Membership Application form below.
4) All doulas must attend an interview before the Steering Committee.
5) Newly admitted doulas will agree to a 6 month probationary period with mandatory peer review.
6) All doulas must pay a $75.00 annual fee to be listed on the site. The annual fee goes to pay for website maintenance, registration and hosting. Money in excess of what is needed is used to fund scholarships for the annual retreat. The annual fee is due upon joining the group and in July of each year.
7) All doulas must send a signed copy of SF Doula Group Standard of Practice & Code of Ethics guidelines and a Contact Form filled out to the Treasurer, along with your fees when you join or renew your membership.